Search This Blog

6.20.2010

A Simply Introduction.

A long process is an understatement, two years is the length and time that has been well spent. Let me give you some back history, Mikey Lewis and myself came up with an idea of starting a blog. The easy part was the idea, the process was the difficult part. Currently, everyone is starting a blog about the same thing; fashion, art and music. We didn't want to do the norm, so we took our time and carefully thought about every aspect of this BLOG thing. So we started  with one, Space Cadets, it didn't work that well, so we scraped that and started over. We had  several different writers to start with us and then drop off. However, we keep the faith and moved forward. Say hello to Heybandgeeks.com. This is our baby. We have found new members to join us, to progress this movement. Here at Heybandgeeks, we will conduct interviews with some truly talented individuals, along with giving you some info about the latest finds among fashion, art and music. GET READY cause we're here! Get to know my team.
Meet Mikey Lo, the music man. I met Mikey about three years ago, at Clark Atlanta University fashion show tryouts. We shared a bound for fashion and the production side of fashion shows. We both continued to work with the fashion shows, growing our friendship. We then decided to start a blog, working together even closer. Mikey recently graduated from CAU with a degree in Mass Media Communication, Radio. He played the role of Radio director for CAU Radio. Now, Mikey will attending  hair school and working on Heybandgeeks. Expect great things coming from him soon.
One of the loves of my life, Anna Grace, has blessed me with joining the team. I met this young lady at a shoot with Marquis Laurent. She came to the shoot ready to work and very professional. She embodied the spirit of Grace Jones, which is where she got her inspiration for her name. Well, after the shoot, she and I started to hang out and discuss fashion and her love of shoes. This young woman, has some of the sickest shoes I have seen and she is always up on the latest pair. She has traveled the world at a young age, along with experiencing life in the states. She is currently at Bauder College, gaining a degree in fashion merchandising. I can't wait for you all to hear the sense of style from this young lady.
Meet ME but from another mother, Marquis Laurent. When I met this young man, I felt like we finally found each other. He is a up and coming stylist here in Atlanta. He recently graduated from Bauder College, with his degree in fashion merchandising. We have worked together on some shoots and looking forward to doing some new stuff for the future. His eye for fashion and details bring a new and fresh aspect of using vintage clothing with modern looks to life. He currently works at Element Model Management, as the New Face Director and agency stylist. Expect great things from him.
Finally myself, Carter James. I am here to just give you what I feel about life and entertainment. I love ever bit of my life and where I am going with it. I am currently in school, working towards a PR/graphic design degree.I have alot of plans and projects coming this fall. Get ready guys. 
With this site, look forward to seeing alot from us!

Carter James
&
The Geeks

1 comment:

  1. I was a follower of the old blog, the Space Cadets, and this one is different in a GOOD way. I'll eventually get around to making a Blogs I Love list on my blog but when I do this shall UNDOUBTEDLY be one that will be posted.

    You guys have a creativity that really is infectious! I look forward to watching things happen and maybe one day I'll even meet you or something :) It's sad that I didn't think of it before. I'm sitting in ATL right now!

    ReplyDelete